Friday, January 19, 2007

getting my groove on

About a year ago I went to a silent auction benefiting a women's shelter and had the wild idea to bid for 10 belly dancing sessions. Frankly, I don't know what I was thinking. I have zero coordination and let's just say my belly has no business being exposed in a dance class.

Needless to say, I won the bid.

Cut to last week. As I was updating my list of "50 goals by 2010" (more on that later), I had another wild idea. What if I actually take that belly dancing class? Like I said, it's been about a year since the auction. I wondered if the gift certificate was even valid. I decided to give Princess Farhana of Hollywood a call and lucky for me, it is!

So me and my lily white, roly-poly tummy will be there next week to get my groove on...belly dancing style!

g

No comments: