Friday, April 13, 2007

Artsy Fartsy...

Last night me, Heath, Jude and Monica went to the Downtown Art Walk. It was my first time going and I was just blown away at how fun and cool it was! It's a free, self guided walking tour that takes you to all the numerous galleries in Downtown Los Angeles. These galleries open their door to us the second Thursday of every month. Basically what you do is print out the map, and walk from gallery to gallery, with pit stops inbetween to participating restaurants and bars. It's really fun, and did I mention, free? Yes, I'm talking to you people! I said, FREE!


Here's Heath in his art stance.I really like this couple. I want to be them when I grow up!
What I loved about hopping from one gallery to another was that I got to peek at so many different styles. We saw functional art...

mixed media...

Installation pieces...
Even performance art.
Also, Monica got to show us this amazing space where she's going to have her birthday party. It's at M.J. Higgins Gallery. They have a fabulous area downstairs that's the perfect spot for a party. It looks like a speakeasy. Can't wait for that one! The Art Walk is a great way to see downtown Los Angeles, see some fine local art, maybe even buy something. Some pieces were surprisingly affordable. I recommend it highly and if anyone is interested in going next month, let me know! We'd love to see you down there!

You can see more pics of our night here.

1 comment: