Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Day at the Races



We went to Santa Anita the other day to watch the horses, and to celebrate our friend Ryan's 30th birthday.



Ryan's wife, Tara, got this really delicious cake - which was actually a bunch of cupcakes.



Gina's dad works at the track. He has an awesome moustache.
Gina's dad was able to sneak us into the VIP box seats, even though we only paid for General Admission.

In between races you can gamble on horses racing at other tracks around the country. Everyone hangs out in the VIP lobby and watches.


Of course, each VIP box has it's own private monitor...


I actually watched most of the Kings game while we were there. The Kings lost, but I didn't care, because me and Gina were winning big at the track. Gina's father gave us great tips, and we picked the winner in just about every race we watched. Here's Gina showing off our winning Daily Double...



This teller is mocking me by waving all the money I didn't win in my face.



We had a great time. Ryan and Tara are supercool, and put together a really fun afternoon, with a great group of people. If I was a betting man, I would bet that we'll be back at Santa Anita before the season ends April 22.

1 comment:

Phoebe Henighan said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Sorry I missed it, but I'm in for Ryan's 40th!

Phebs
xo