Thursday, June 18, 2009

My First Camping Trip

We just went on our first camping trip as a family of three. We had to borrow my Uncle John's mini-van to fit all the junk my mom and dad wanted to take.
They bought this portable high-chair just for the trip. I love sitting right at the table.
This is the beach, fifty feet from where we were sleeping.
We hung out on the beach a lot.

I couldn't get enough.
This was our tent.
My parents were worried I'd be cold, so they put me in this ridiculous outfit. I couldn't move with it on. In fact, my folks ended up taking it off me at like 2 in the morning.

We roasted marshmallows and made S'mores every night.

The water was cold, but I liked it.
We stopped at a K-Mart to buy some more supplies. (We didn't bring enough!?!) At the store they had a Nathan's and my dad got real excited.

We took a nice hike. This is the view of our campground from the path.
We saw a guy surfing with his dog.
This is Ford. He kept trying to kiss me. We got along really well, but he's only a week older than me. I usually like older boys.
The trip was a success!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. Miss Sophie's quite the little rugged camper. Hope the sun comes out next time. Auntie P

phebs said...

I think that you guys are the coolest family ever! Great pics...xo